Still no camera. I almost feel lost without it. Well, we went from 1.5 feet of snow to nothing in the last 24 hours. We have had lots of rain and warm winds so our yard is completely bare. We all had a ball while the snow was here though.
I woke up yesterday with a migraine. I'm pretty sure they are brought on by stress and lack of sleep. I have never been able to find a food connection. Anyway, I have been unusually busy with school, music classes and especially YW for the last month. Wish I had a camera to show you all the fun cards, tags, and "stuff" I have been making for said activities. For anyone out there who gets less than 8 hours of sleep a night... how do you do it?? I lucked out and the winds were on my side. Brett can't work in 45 mph winds, so he stayed home most of the morning while I tried sleeping my migraine off.
We have implemented a new (and hopefully here to stay) tradition for Christmas. On November 3oth, Brett and I wrapped 25 Christmas books to put under the Christmas tree. The library books are wrapped in special paper so we could remember to get those opened first :) Anyway, every night in December, before the kids go to bed, we open a "present" and read the story. We also have a Christmas symbol and scripture to go with the book. We thought the kids would get a kick out of seeing lots of presents under the tree. It has been fun... for the last 3 days ;)
We have no "TV". We do have a physical TV, but we only get ABC on a good day. I have however, figured out how to watch "The Office" and "Project Runway" on my computer. It is grand. It's my indulgence after the kids go to bed.
Yes, the tooth fairy brought Savannah $3.00. There was a lot of trauma involved in losing that tooth and she happened to have a friend over the day it came out. He informed her that he got $3.00. I know, I shouldn't "keep up with the Jones' " but it was her first one bundled with trauma and anxiety. The tooth fairy did not want to disappoint. It is also understood that subsequent teeth will not be given such priority.
Off to be mommy...
4 comments:
I love your Christmas tradition. We also read a book every night this year...we just started too! I would love to know what books you enjoy most?
I totally understand the t.v. thing, we didn't have t.v. the first 3 years and it left us again this summer. I actually get more done when it is not calling my name! We get NBC on a really good day and I truly love watching "Chuck"....glad to see you blogging again!
I think your new Christmas tradition is fantastic! How did you come up with that?
I also just want to say that I love that you watch Project Runway! Wednesday is the one night a week that I will stay up late just to watch it. It doesn't start until 11:00p.m.
I was actually "mad" I didn't get to watch my "Samantha Who?" show. I hardly ever get to watch TV but this one always seems to be on while I'm doing laundry!
I love the book idea! I'm so sorry about the migraine. My one experience with them was enough to last a lifetime. Thank goodness for the winds.
Post a Comment