Like everyone else this time of year, we seem to spend too much time in the car running around. Last week we went on a field trip to a local whole foods store where the kids got to make their own whole wheat bread and pretzels. The presentation was very well done and while things were baking the teacher read "The Little Red Hen".
I went to dinner on Thursday with some friends for a Christmas dinner and gift exchange. We tried a new restaurant which was just - ok. Whenever we asked our waitress or the owner about what a dish was like they always told us how beautiful the presentation was, or how cute it looked. We couldn't help but laugh... we just wanted to know how it tasted! Then we decided not to order dessert because nothing sounded really decadent and worth wasting calories on, so the chef ended up coming out and kind of badgering us into trying something. It was weird, but just for the record the chocolate-fudge bread pudding was actually pretty good.
Brett took the girls to the $1 store on Saturday so they could pick out gifts for each other. Last year we took them to Target, but it was hard to give them a $$ limit and have them understand it, so we went with the $1 store option and they did really well picking out for each other. They were so excited to have gifts for each other, and so far haven't told what they got each other.
The other day the girls were out playing on the ice and pushing each other around on a little plastic chair (I really need to find some cheap, used ice skates). So Brett thought he'd take it up a notch and took the hobby horse (??) (the kind that is attached to a base by 4 springs) out on the ice to fling them around. It was quite the sight. As soon as they would start slowing down, they would bounce really hard and to try to keep it going. Of course I didn't have a camera to take pictures with...
The other day the girls were out playing on the ice and pushing each other around on a little plastic chair (I really need to find some cheap, used ice skates). So Brett thought he'd take it up a notch and took the hobby horse (??) (the kind that is attached to a base by 4 springs) out on the ice to fling them around. It was quite the sight. As soon as they would start slowing down, they would bounce really hard and to try to keep it going. Of course I didn't have a camera to take pictures with...
The girls and I are also finishing our last week of music class, so we are all geared up for the Christmas parties that will ensue. I just bought a new camera. I haven't really had the chance to play with it, but hopefully by the end of the week I will have some lovely pics to post.
1 comment:
Yes! A new camera? What kind did you get? And hobby horse on ice...sounds like something Brett would come up with! What a fun day!
Post a Comment