Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving


We always have Thanksgiving dinner at my in-law's and have struggled to find our "own" tradition. For the last 3 years we have taken a walk into "Fox Forest" the morning of Thanksgiving. We found "Fox Forest" the year we were living in a rental while building our current home. Ava of course was not born yet, so it was Megan and Savannah that named our little hiking area (Dora, Boots, and Swiper the Fox were big at the time).
Also note... Megan covering her face...

My "baby jaguar" climbing the rocky mountain side.

I made Brett stop and take this picture so the kids would know they did actually have a mom, and I wasn't just some random person behind the camera all the time.

It was a fun morning that allowed us to enjoy and reflect on the holiday that sometimes gets pushed aside for the rush of the Christmas season; and reminded us that autumn, is just as wonderful as summer, at the lake.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That last picture is so perfect. I also love that you posted a picture of yourself on the blog...it's good to see you!

Sheila said...

Isn't it true? We are always behind the camera. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

You have such great ideas and actual follow through on your ideas. I love them and they will be a big part of your kids lives and thire traditions. You a great Amber. Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the darling pictures Am, I should be in bed but I am taking time to read your blogg. I'm glad you take the time to put it up. Love, Mom