(Never underestimate the power of bubble art. The girls spent an hour playing with bubbles and straws and I couldn't resist; I had to turn them into something, they were so cool!)We have seen Santa a couple of times this week. Last Saturday we went to a local farm where they have a little cafe, great sledding hill, and a wonderful Santa. It is the same one every year and he is so great with the kids. It is never busy there, so the girls can roam back and forth and visit with him and ask questions. I'm pretty sure this will be Savannah's last year with the whole Santa story. She is pretty astute and asks a lot of questions about how Santa does all that he does. They also had a great hill so we got to go sledding all afternoon. Which turned into all evening once we got home. Brett hung flood lights outside so the kids could keep sledding. Needless to say they all slept really well that night.
We also took a cruise around the lake to visit "the North Pole"and Santa was there to read of his list of good little boys and girls. Of course Savannah, Megan and Ava were thrilled to hear their names. GMA featured all the lights around the lake and the excursion you can take to see it all. I don't think the cameramen did their job because they really didn't do it justice. It is really beautiful in person.
We celebrated Brett's birthday on Wednesday as well. The girls picked out a SpongeBob Squarepants ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. It was so good!
Brett and I have been up late this whole week. He got the wild idea of making blankets for each of the girls for Christmas. I made him one a couple of years ago and everyone seems to fight over it. It is so warm and heavy; the perfect blanket for winter. So we are piled high in 200+ squares of corduroy and flannel and I'm keeping my fingers crossed the sewing machine holds up through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment