Tuesday, March 25, 2008

jumping, shoveling, & partying

Plans for an outdoor field trip didn't work out for us today, so I e-mailed a few friends and we met at a "jumping playground". I had never been before and thought it was worth a try. We had the best time! It was very clean, there were lots of different things to play on, and we had the place to ourselves for an hour! I somehow got talked into being the tickle monster and chased 9 kids through tunnels and up and down slides. It was all fun and games until somebody got hurt; just a minor bump though!


Stopping long enough to strike a pose.

Maddie and Megan jumping in the pool.

We were all outside the other day soaking up some sun. Brett and I were shoveling snow into the lake and raking out the leftovers in an attempt to get the snow off the our lawn before it gets moldy. Savannah came over with a shovel and starting helping. She was at it for about an hour. What a trooper! Her comment to me; "Mom I feel good when I'm helping other people".

We are friends with a family who found out their baby had cancer about 9 months ago. This meant that their family basically had to go into seclusion during all of the chemotherapy. Such a difficult time for them and hard for their other two kids because they couldn't be around their friends for fear of getting sick. Their baby is now finished with treatment and her immune system is back up. On Monday we got the o.k. to come over and help Isabella celebrate her 7th birthday!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

That looks so fun! We will have to go with you next time we come up! I have never been in a pool with all the balls before! It does feel good to help other people, doesn't it Savannah? Keep up the good work!

Sheila said...

Way to go Vahini! You are such a trooper. I think I would have only last 15 minutes! I didn't know a lawn could get moldy...?