Tuesday, February 5, 2008

get ready to indulge


Thought I would post our favorite nacho recipe. They are soooo good and definitely not lacking in calories.

Layer on cookie sheet:
tortillia chips, black beans, pinto beans, northern beans, red onion (diced), chicken breast (cubed), monterey jack cheese, smoked cheddar cheese

Cook in oven:
on 350, until everything is melted

Top with:
mango (cubed)

Drizzle with:
poppyseed dressing

Eat! Yum!

In other news:
The kids and I were discussing allergies. They really want a cat or dog, but Brett is allergic to both. Ava piped up saying she was allergic to monsters. So silly. Also Meggie and Savannah have passed off the Articles of Faith 1-5 for primary. It's amazing what their little minds retain. Speaking of retaining; while I was putting Ava to bed tonight she said "Mom, I practiced my Articles of Faith" and went on to say the 4th... with the exception of saying ornaments instead of ordinances and getting immersion and remission a little twisted and turned around. Just when you think their not paying attention, huh? This is not new news, but just wanted to make sure everyone knew we still have tons of snow and it's still falling! No, I'm not complaining it's just that I haven't seen this much in the 6 years that we have been here; it's crazy. We are getting a little spoiled too. We've had only the first hour of church for the past two weeks due to all the snow and the hardship it has put on so many people in our ward. Phil saw his shadow, so we are bracing ourselves for six more weeks.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We are getting mass amounts of snow out here as well which is super fun I think. Enjoy it while you can, I know I'm going to try! Also, way to go on the Articles of Faith! I don't know that I can repeat them from memory anymore...hm, maybe that should be my new goal.

Sheila said...

Good job on the A of F's girls! You are going to beat Aunt Sheila! My goal is to have my sunbeams saying #1 for our primary program this year! As for the snow...love to hate it! Brrrrr!

Audrey said...

Wow, your girls are more dedicated to practicing their Articles of Faith then I am! They are so cute! Come visit my blog I just created! It's "rose-pose.blogspot.com" It's called Audrey's Antics. Leave a comment so I know you stopped by!
Love,
Audrey Rose