
I love the end of the school year. It means warmer weather and field trips! We usually have one scheduled per month, but this month we have several and I'm so excited! Our first stop this week was Tomato Street. The kids got to tour the restaurant and see how everything works. From ordering their own meal on the computer, trying their hand at washing dishes, and for the lucky 2... making pizza for the group... we all had a fun morning and left with a full belly of pizza and pasta.

Next we went to Summer's Glass where the kids were instructed on how to create glass mosaics. The women in the studio were so kind to the kids and even let them use the glass cutters to cut their own pieces (which they were thrilled to do as you can imagine). My favorite part was getting pictures of all these cuties in their safety glasses.




Their creations waiting for the kiln. They will ready next week complete with copper wire and hooks!
3 comments:
What great experiences! How did you get in touch with your homeschooling group?
Okay seriously, I don't think I went on field trips that were that cool growing up. Looks like the girls had a blast and they do look darling in their safety glasses.
Looks like so much fun! Can we make those when I come to visit?
Post a Comment