Celebrating Savannah's birthday with a family party.

My neighbor, Dolores, made her a "mud pie" cake in a sand bucket.
The jeep from Nana, Papa, and Grandma was a huge surprise...

...and a big hit with all the girls.
Not only did we have a family party, but also, this birthday marked her first "friend" party, and once again, I didn't take any pictures. (I'll catch on some time!) It was tons of fun and a huge success. She invited nine friends and we hosted all the siblings and moms too; resulting in 25 kids, 9 moms, and a couple of husbands. We had kiddie pools, a cooled-down hot tub, slip& slide, swing-set, and trampoline. I served an easy lunch with "uncrustable sandwiches" (never thought I'd actually buy PB&J ready made, but it was easy) chips, cheese sticks, applesauce and bottles of water. The party lasted a couple of hours, but people lingered most of the afternoon since the kids were having such a great time. Although exhausted from the heat and kids, Brett and I managed to make the best of a messy situation and engaged in a friendly water fight while cleaning up.

Right now...
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite movie: The Princess Bride / "Liken the Scriptures" series
Favorite Book: Can I Keep Him?
Favorite food: Chicken
Favorite treat: gummie bears
Favorite song: Pineapple Princess
Favorite toy: dollies
Favorite game to play: card game "War"
A perfect day for Savannah would be to play dollies, swing, cross the monkeybars, and ride in her jeep. (This sounds like a "typical" day...so life couldn't be better!)
When she grows up she wants to be a dentist.
The accomplishment she is most proud of right now is swimming without a lifejacket.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! The party sounds like a Blast and I have to say, that mud pie in the sand bucket is so creative! I'm sad I couldn't be there.
Looks like so much fun Savannah! I can't believe you are six! How did you "cut" that kind of cake? I love the "favorites" part of the blog. I think I may copycat that portion for my kids!
What a fun party. I bet Savannah never forgets her sixth birthday. I can't believe she is six. Cindy
Post a Comment